How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listing in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!
Exa Corporation (NASDAQ: EXA) recently completed its initial public offering and our growing accounting team is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Senior Corporate Accountant. You will be a key member of this team, having broad-based responsibilities in areas including, but not limited to: preparation of SEC filings, accounting research, month-end close duties for both US and international subsidiaries and stock compensation plan accounting and administration. You will also be responsible for supporting quarterly and yearly financial audits with our Big Four firm. This is an outstanding, high visibility opportunity to continue your skills development and career growth in a global finance and accounting environment.
Burlington, MA, USA
• Assist in the preparation of all SEC filings including financial statements, footnotes, disclosures and supporting documents
• Recognize, research and resolve US GAAP and SEC reporting issues
• Preparation of schedules and materials in support of our quarterly earnings release and audit committee presentations
• Review and reconcile accounts of our US and international subsidiaries, including stat to GAAP adjustments, transfer pricing, translation and consolidation
• Perform month-end close duties including journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
• Coordinate the administration and related accounting of our stock compensation programs
• Assist with software revenue recognition
• Assist with budgeting and forecasting and preparation of fluctuation analysis and commentary for actual/budget/forecast results
• Interface with external auditors on quarterly reviews, annual audit and other inquiries
• Adhere to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance process related to financial reporting and disclosures
• Ad hoc projects as requested
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 4-6 years of accounting experience, including Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm
• CPA strongly preferred
• Public company/international experience in technology industry preferred
• Competence in applying, researching and documenting adherence to US GAAP
• Experience consolidating multi-currency financial statements
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to take full ownership of responsibilities in a fast paced, team environment
• Ability to plan and meet deadlines
• Strong PC skills (advanced Excel preferred)
• Knowledge of accounting software [ i.e. Great Plains] and financial reporting tools [i.e. FRx Report Designer] is a plus
For immediate consideration, please send your resume with the job title Senior Corporate Accountant in the subject line to email@example.com.
Exa offers competitive compensation, stock options, and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, flexible work schedule and free access to our campus fitness club, classes and amenities center.
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Keywords: Accountant, accounting, CPA, GAAP, SEC, revenue, stock options, public company, international, Excel, Great Plains, FRx Report Designer, audit, Big Four, Sarbanes-Oxley, SOX
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants