Exa Corporation seeks Principal Scientist, Complex Fluid Physics, in Burlington, MA, 40hr/week. Candidtate will:
- Carefully define, run, analyze and document cases that test new developments in physics and software, and benchmark the results against known quantities.
- Drive validation of improvements made to versions of the development code, and discover and investigate potential issues.
- Work with Physics Development to analyze and evaluate new code and recommend enhancements for new physics.
- Support complex fluids related issues that arise from customers, as well as from other sectors of the organization.
- Liaise between Physics and Application Management teams to arrive at meaningful solutions for issues involving both product and development code.
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field plus 4 years of experience.
- Experience in the field of complex fluid flow physics as demonstrated through any amount of previous work experience or university level coursework.
- 4 years' experience with fluid mechanics, numerical methods and numerical analysis.
- Experience with lattice Boltzmann methods as demonstrated through any amount of previous work experience or university level coursework.
- Familiarity with software engineering practices in a collaborative environment as demonstrated through at least 4 years of employment experience or university level coursework.
- 4 years of experience with commercial CFD/CAE.
- Must have authority to work permanently in the US
Applicants who are interested in this position may apply online at http://www.jobpostingtoday.com, Ref #27014.