Exa Corporation’s growing Simulator Development Team seeks a talented software developer with a strong background in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and object-oriented development in C++. This role will provide an intellectually challenging opportunity, responsibility and career growth as you contribute to the development of PowerFLOW, an innovative simulation product used by thousands of end-users globally. You will be a key member of the team developing the PowerFLOW simulator, a unique hybrid of Lattice Boltzmann technology and PDE solvers. The PowerFLOW simulator scales to thousands of processors and is routinely used in production on systems of that size. Many such systems world-wide are dedicated entirely to running PowerFLOW.
Role & Responsibilities:
As we push to extend the PowerFLOW simulator into a variety of new application areas, you will contribute your expertise in this critical role. The focus of this position will be on new functionality including moving geometry and adaptive resolution, improving the accuracy and efficiency of existing numerical techniques, and the implementation of new physics models and algorithms. Some of the new functionality will require integration of the PowerFLOW grid generator into the simulator, and addressing a variety of parallel processing challenges, including dynamic load balancing.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 3 years experience with industrial engineering software development.
- A strong background in designing/developing complex software systems.
- Strong computer science background.
- Proficient in C++.
- Experience with parallel processing.
- Experience with computational geometry (e.g. spatial search algorithms).
- Experience with finite difference methods.
- Strong independent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team.
- Solid English verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for learning and contributing towards collective goals.
Experience in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Lattice Boltzmann (LBM) technology.
- Numerical methods.
Education & Experience:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or equivalent field.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing industrial engineering software.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Senior Software/Software Engineer - CFD Software in Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer