We are seeking a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, motivated and able to work in a complex private-cloud environment. The Senior Cloud Operations Engineer will be responsible for automating, administering, configuring and maintaining all enterprise Web and Application environments across multiple products with a strong focus on automation. Activities include defining and executing application performance optimizations, maintenance, operating procedures, problem diagnosis and resolution, participating in a 24x7 on-call rotation, as well as general project support. The candidate will work closely with the database, system administration and development teams to provide application expertise for automated and highly integrated platforms.
- 8+ experience managing systems or networks in an “always available” infrastructure
- Experience in HPC
- Experience working in an enterprise application environment, preferably with a DevOps culture
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments, with a more advanced working knowledge of Linux
- Providing feedback and insight on designing and scaling of SaaS and cloud-based environments and tools
- Ensure a consistent, quality operating level across the hosting environment – full monitoring/logging, scalable, highly available, deployable
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, BASH, Perl, Ruby or similar)
- Familiarity with configuration management and automation platforms such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, Capistrano or similar
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) platforms, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Experience with version control systems (VCS) such as Git or SVN
- Experience working in an Agile environment with collaboration tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, GitLab, GitHub, TeamCity, Team Foundation Server, etc.
- Experience with configuration and management of enterprise monitoring and alerting tools
- Understanding of fundamental security principles for network traffic and third-party software
- Problem triage/solving skills and ability to work independently in order to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related), or equivalent work experience
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: Senior Cloud Operations Engineer in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer