Exa’s business has expanded into the growing and highly dynamic Chinese automotive market. To support the continued development of our China business expansion, Exa seeks highly qualified applications engineers. We are particularly interested in candidates that are ready to be placed in China, have the drive and ability to work directly with major OEM customers to develop and optimize design solutions to solve complex aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermal technical challenges using Exa’s industry-leading simulation software.
As an Applications Engineer in this group you will have the opportunity to develop your technical and client management skills for a successful career at Exa. Primary responsibilities include:
- Technical Consulting: Become an expert in Exa’s PowerFLOW software to develop and present strong technical analysis and design recommendations to customers with real-world problems.
- Pre-Sales Support: Work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on advanced “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value, build confidence, and increase demand for Exa’s simulations.
- Customer Support: Provide training expertise and the use of best practices for heavy vehicle applications to support customers, while providing feedback to Exa’s product and application management teams.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- 1-3 years of academic research and/or industry experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamics fundamentals and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Background in aerodynamics / aeroacoustics (knowledge of automotive applications is a plus).
- Experience in using complex computational tools effectively.
- Strong oral communication skills in English and good presentation skills.
- Script programming ability and unix/linux skills.
- Automotive or aerospace industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with complex graphics tools is a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a team of experienced professionals
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: Application Engineer – China Market in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer