How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listing in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!
Brisbane, CA, USA
Exa Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team responsible for developing and deploying simulation prediction capabilities for applications in the field of petrophysics, especially multi-component flow in porous media. Based in our Brisbane, CA office, next to the beautiful city of San Francisco, this position offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Computational Fluid Dynamics technology based on the revolutionary Lattice-Boltzmann Method, and to support the business development of emerging petrophysics-related applications.
As an Application Engineer for Petrophysics Simulation, you will:
• Perform validation engineering tasks including setting up simulation cases, managing runs and output data, processing and analyzing results, writing up analyses, and preparing presentations about the results and work performed.
• Contribute to the development of simulation-based solutions that solve real problems important to industry customers.
• Work on projects to demonstrate and deploy petrophysics applications to customers.
• Interact with the Physics and Software Teams for the development and testing of new capabilities, prototypes, and new or enhanced product functionality.
• Be a member of a cohesive and highly collaborative group with a startup atmosphere and a clear mission to develop, market, and deploy industry-leading technology products and services.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
• MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or related field.
• 1-3 years of academic and/or industry experience using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
• Strong background in fluid mechanics and CFD including complex (multi-component/multi-phase) fluids and/or flow in porous media.
• Strong script programming skills including UNIX/Linux.
• Experience with data analysis and graphics/visualization tools.
• Exposure to CAD geometry tools is a plus.
• Exposure to the Lattice Boltzmann (LBM) method is a plus.
• Self-starter, motivated, strong work ethic, ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
• Strong English communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, well organized.
• Ability to apply his/her talents cooperatively as part of a team of professionals.
• Available for US & International travel (up to 15%).
Exa offers competitive compensation, stock options and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays and flexible work schedule.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with ‘Applying to: Application Engineer - Petrophysics Simulation in the subject line.
150 North Hill Drive
Brisbane, CA, 94005-1024
UNIX, Linux, python, computer aided engineering, CAE, computational fluid dynamics, CFD, fluid mechanics, fluid physics, mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, petrophysics, petrophysicist, complex fluids, multi-phase flow, porous media flow, complex fluid simulation, Lattice Boltzmann method, LBM
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants